52 Broadway 4th Floor
New York, NY 10004
t / 212.577.5512 f / 212.577.5517
This year we are looking to raise $2,500 to provide
interview attire and transportation for
We are proud to announce our new and improved Work Readiness
program. CGS now offers
CGS was awarded a Balancing Incentive Grant and is now offering a new program entitled Enhanced Support Services
We are proud to announce we are now accepting applicants for
our new program... Enhanced
Who We Are
Contemporary Guidance Services, Inc. (CGS) operates Vocational Training Programs and Adult Day Services in the New York metropolitan area. Our goal is to develop each individual’s full potential and to promote independence.
Our Vocational Training Programs and licensed Career Training Center:
- Use a comprehensive rehabilitation approach that combines intensive training and practice. Our programs focus on practical job skills within specific careers such as Child Care, Custodial Care, Pet Care Technician and Office & Computer Technology.
- CGS also offers less intensive Work Readiness training programs which concentrate in industries such as Retail, Food Service & Office/Clerical services.
A vital part of every participant's training is the Work Experience Internship:
Our Adult Day Services Programs:
- Offers a variety of programs including pre-vocational and educational instruction, supported employment, community volunteer work and recreational activities.
- CGS partners with a wide array of community organizations and businesses to establish innovative opportunities for our participants to develop true vocational skills within an inclusive, real world setting.
CGS provides comprehensive case management through Medicaid Services Coordination [MSC]:
- To help individuals and their families access community resources such as recreational, educational and social activities, medical and counseling services, as well as assistance in negotiating the public benefits system.
- The “circle of support” facilitated by a MSC helps the individual to participate actively in a truly inclusive community life.
CGS offers a School Holiday Respite Program [SHRP]:
- That offers social and recreational activities to young adults [ages 14 to 21] with special needs on the 20 days each year when New York City Public Schools are closed.
- This program offers an array of safe, supervised, age-appropriate activities for the students.